BUNN engineers and designers consistently seek to create high quality coffeemakers that brew coffee to the rigorous testing standards of the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) while being easy to use and fit into modern kitchens. The result of their latest work is the new BUNN 10-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker (model HB), which has recently been awarded the SCA Home Brewer Certification.
This coffeemaker fulfills the needs of the growing millennial and empty nester segments to easily brew high quality coffee at home for personal enjoyment and entertaining. These consumers are becoming more knowledgeable about coffee from third wave roasters and pour-over products and want to brew café-quality coffee easily at home.
An open design allows backsplashes and other kitchen elements to integrate seamlessly on the counter. The machine creates an open-air feel while still presenting the carafe as an object that is the center of attention as the coffee is brewed to perfection. The columns were inspired by architecture, suspension bridges and Eero Saarinen’s Gateway Arch in St. Louis. Designers drew inspiration from the 20th century Finnish American’s neofuturistic architecture and industrial design.
The machine’s design highlights the two-stage brew process and compliments a modern kitchen by achieving a form that follows function, or in this case, form follows the gravity of water. In the top tank, Heat & Release Technology uses advanced digital temperature control to precisely measure when the water reaches the ideal brewing temperature during the Heating Stage. A temperature activated valve opens to start the Brewing Stage only after the water has reached approximately 200° F. A commercial style six-stream sprayhead fully and evenly showers hot water over the coffee grounds in the BUNN flat bottom filter and funnel. Heat & Release Technology controls the contact time between the heated water and the coffee grounds.
The brewer includes many consumer-centric features to make brewing coffee easy and delicious:
- SCA certified to brew a full carafe to professional standards in about 10 minutes
- Conveniently located top tank includes a stair-step water level indicator
- Commercial style six-stream sprayhead fully and evenly showers hot water over the coffee grounds
- Digital display provides user feedback during brew cycle
- BUNN flat bottom filter and funnel allows for a balanced interaction between hot water and coffee grounds for superior flavor extraction
- Exclusive Drip-Free Carafe delivers the cleanest pour on the market with proprietary lid and spout design that arcs coffee into the cup and wicks any remaining coffee back into the carafe
- Cleaning Indicator illuminates when it is time to clean
- Auto Warmer Plate turns on during the brewing cycle and shuts off after 2 hours
- Programmable Auto-Start timer allows brew start time to be set in advance
- 3-year warranty backed by friendly, knowledgeable customer service team in Springfield, IL
This product includes new technology that brews differently than BUNN’s core Speed Brew coffeemakers that utilize a hot water tank for fast brewing. It is also BUNN’s first new product launch exclusively at Williams-Sonoma.
To learn more about the new BUNN 10-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, visit bunn.com/HB.