The Membership Manager will report to the Director of Membership and is responsible for helping progress SCAA’s membership acquisition, retention, and engagement strategies. The Membership Manager will supervise the membership department staff to advance these initiatives. This position will work with the Director of Membership to develop and maintain department operations plans and procedures. They will create, refine, and maintain content for membership communications and marketing materials, uphold benefit partner relations, and seek new opportunities for members. The ideal candidate will possess a self-motivated and helpful attitude, the ability to communicate clearly with both internal and external audiences, and will be highly skilled at organizing many moving parts. They will continually monitor progress and adapt the plan as needed to ensure success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related and 5 years of experience
- Demonstrates critical thinking abilities and proven leadership and project management skills
- Professional, positive and team player attitude and demeanor
- Excellent, articulate, personable and diplomatic customer service skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and able to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook). Ability and desire to learn other programs and databases as needed
- Strong desire to learn about the coffee industry
- Supervise the membership staff and their work
- Develop and maintain the department operational plan and goals with metrics for measuring success
- Communicates with members and potential members, in person, by phone, or by email. Answers questions, resolves issues, provides and explains benefits and services of membership
- Manage the membership materials, including welcome packets, letters, flyers, newsletters, etc.
- Nurture and cultivate business to business partnerships to gain and retain members
- Develop member recognition and milestone programs to reward existing members
- Maintain member data for accuracy and improve existing reporting within the CRM database; onboard staff so they can use the CRM database
- Plan and organize membership events including trade shows, community events, and member visits
- Create, plan, and implement membership recruitment, engagement and retention programs, including prospect development strategies
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Membership
This is an exempt, full-time salary position based in Santa Ana, CA with a progressive, growing, and nationwide trade association. Compensation TBD based on experience. This position requires travel on weekends, all work travel is compensated. SCAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.