The International Coffee Organization (ICO) has designated October 1st as International Coffee Day. This is a day for celebrating coffee in all its diversity, appreciating the passion that coffee creates, as well as taking the opportunity to inform consumers about coffee as a product. Let’s celebrate coffee together on this day, (and every day, of course)!
Do something special on International Coffee Day:
1. Share your appreciation for the work of coffee producers online: Use the hashtag #internationalcoffeeday and follow along on October 1!
2. Donate to your favorite NGO supporting coffee farmer communities, and share your commitment with your customers.
3. Run a promotion in your shop:
- Buy one, get one free
- Offer free samples or free shots
- Feature a unique coffee
- Commit to donating a percentage of your earning to a coffee-focused charity
4. Plan an event to engage customers and community members about the coffee supply chain:
- Lead a special coffee tasting
- Team up with a local restaurant to offer a special International Coffee Day brunch with unique coffees
- Lead a discussion group with your baristas about any of these Symposium lectures to deepen their knowledge of the coffee value chain and the work of producers
- Bring a producer whose coffee you buy to visit your shop and give a talk about his/her work
5. Engage local media in coverage of the day:
- Tell the local media about any special events you have planned. Be sure to emphasize how folks can get involved!
6. Post and share these “did you know?” graphics on your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest pages: