Position #1 | Event Coordinator – Skill Building Workshops
Position type: Part-time, Contractor position. 20-30 Hours Per Week.
Reports to: Event Manager, Supports Professional Development and Events Department
Role Description: Primarily responsible for coordinating Skill Building Workshops at SCAA Annual Expo and supporting Barista Camps (2-4 times per year)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- General oversight of Skill Building Workshops at SCAA Annual Expo to include: Pre-planning with facility to include electrical, plumbing and other orders, develop floor plan and room set up documents, coordination of schedule and class descriptions with Professional Development, supply list management and delivery, in and out packing and freight management, on site set up, on site administration and oversight and other duties as appropriate.
- Support for Barista Camp to include: Assistance with registration set up, coordination of class offerings and descriptions with Professional Development Department, assistance with skill building workshops as outlined above, administrative support to include attendee emails and name tag creation, in and out packing and freight management, on site set up and oversight, post event survey creation and distribution. Other tasks and duties as appropriate.
- General event and education support as required to include: Compiling show books, source vendors, handle ordering and delivery, Setting up registration for various events utilizing SCAA system, Assisting with operational areas of events that may include administrative and general show management support, F&B, phone & internet, security, AV, electrical, plumbing, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization and will volunteer committee members
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Visio a plus
- Computer Savvy with ability to learn Avectra registration system (training provided)
- Ability to travel to all events as outlined (approximately 30 days annually)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and handle freight as needed
- This job includes various labor intensive duties (i.e. distributing water, emptying buckets, packing pallets, etc.)
- Coffee and/or Events Background a plus
- Ability to work remotely with weekly in person meetings in Long Beach. Must be based in Southern California (no relocation assistance provided)
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Position #2 | Event Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Events
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Logistical planning and on-site support for once-a-year national trade show, as well as regional events throughout the year
- Coordinate and project-manage all signage and banners, including amassing key information, creating copy, ordering, proofing and approving final materials.
- Assist with operational areas of events that may include administrative and general show management support, F&B, phone & internet, security, AV, electrical, plumbing, room sets, etc.
- Prepare, pack and ship materials and supplies to and from events; unpack and set up rooms according to specific on-site needs
- Set up registration and badges for various regional events utilizing SCAA systems
- Compile show books, source vendors, handle ordering and delivery
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Minimum 2 years event coordination or operations experience in a trade show or similar professional meeting environment. Corporate or association experience preferred.
- Proficient in Creative Suite 5 (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat) , Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and use SCAA’s CRM Software, Avectra, & Microsoft Visio.
- Experience working on large scale signage, banners, printing and production, including color testing brand boards and logos, PMS colors, and logo & photo resolution for large scale printing
- Great organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Willingness to be hands-on & multi-task
- Flexible and adaptive, solution-oriented team player
- Ability to represent SCAA in a professional and positive way
- Position requires overnight travel, location in virtual office, plus some HQ office time, in southern California. (No relocation assistance)
**THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED**