OVERVIEW: The Membership Coordinator serves as the welcome arm of the Specialty Coffee Association of America; greeting new members, promoting SCAA benefits, programs and events, assist with all inquiries related to membership, aid in prospect and renewal campaigns, while maintaining a high level of member satisfaction and providing accurate and courteous customer service. The ideal candidate will have a combination of administrative and customer service skills with a desire to also engage in sales.
- Supports the Membership Development Manager with administrative dutiesResponsible to respond promptly to membership inquiries (email, phone or fax) related tomembership, membership benefits, joining or renewals of membership, SCAA services, programs, events, and/or general industry related. Includes creating procedures and drafting template responses for approval by Membership Manager.
- Improves member satisfaction with support for membership related activities and services Coordinate membership benefits and services including creation and update of welcome packets, letters, benefits packets, membership cards, printed directory, mailing lists, plaques, etc. Includes maintaining and updating of membership records, coordinating member recognition programs, assist in organizing and preparing for trade shows and networking events.
- Assists with the execution of the SCAA Membership PlanExpected to work efficiently to meet the departmental goals and objectives as outlined on the SCAAMembership Plan and support and aid the SCAA’s overall Strategic Plan. Assist in reporting, collecting of data and recommending ideas for improvement. And other duties as directed by Membership Manager
Up to 25% travel required. Compensation Package: Based on experience. Competitive health benefits and 9 major holidays paid. Flexible working environment.and 9 major holidays paid. Flexible working environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years in customer service or equivalent administrative role required, sales experience a plus
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of constituents.
- A strong knowledge of office practices and processes, administration, marketing and customer service skills and techniques; strength and aptitude for process improvement is desired.
- Proven ability to meet established deadlines and provide regular progress updates
- Intermediate to advanced Office Suite knowledge (MS Office- Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook). Adobe product knowledge and database experience a plus.
- Familiar with e-marketing programs and new media a plus.
- A strong desire to learn about the coffee industry and best practices from related industries is expected
Interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.