SCAA invites 2012 Expo Attendees and other coffee lovers to announce to the world what specialty coffee means to them. Create a 1 minute video message that finishes the sentence “Specialty coffee is…” with emotion, humor or perhaps a little of both!
You have 60 seconds to convince our digital audience that your video is worth winning the grand prize of $500! All entries received will also be considered for inclusion in our Opening Ceremonies Attendee welcome video-even if you don’t win the grand prize, you might get the chance to ‘star’ in a key element of our biggest single gathering at the Annual Event. Remember, this doesn’t have to be a fancy professional video; we encourage everyone to submit even simple videos as long as you complete the sentence “Specialty coffee is…”
Post your video to the official contest tab at www.facebook.com/specialtycoffeeassociation and submit you raw video file at www.scaaevent.org. The SCAA Events team will review and post your video to the contest page once the raw video is received. Please note that if you are submitting your video through Facebook, the privacy settings for the video you submit must be set to public for the upload to be successful.
It’s not required, but we recommend that you post your video on your website and add it to as many social networking sites as possible to promote yourself and get your friends and family to vote for YOU! (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
The winning video will be posted on www.scaaevent.org and will be featured in our email marketing, on Facebook and on Twitter. The winner will also receive $500 cash prize and will be included in The Attendee Project video segment of the 2012 Opening Ceremonies.
The Attendee Project Project Contest
Official Rules (the fine print)
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. All entrants agree to the following rules by entering the Contest:
Any company or any individual over the age of 18 who is a legal resident of the United States may enter.
Contest entrants can upload their videos starting on January 12, 2012 through February 15, 2012. Voting will commence on February 15, 2012 and continue through March 4, 2012. The contest will end on March 4, 2012 at 4 pm (PST), and the winner will be notified on or before March 10, 2012.
Submission of videos
- Videos must be no more than 60 seconds in length.
- Videos must clearly finish the sentence “Specialty coffee is…”.
- Videos may be submitted to the contest tab on SCAA’s Facebook Page by posting a link to your video or directly through Facebook (you will be prompted from the contest tab).
- If you wish to upload your video using a link furnished by YouTube, you will need to login to YouTube and create an account for your company if you don’t already have one. Please note that it is FREE to create an account.
- Once in your YouTube account, in the upper right-hand corner of the page, click the “upload” button to upload your video.
- Click on the Share button below the video and copy the link.
- Submit the link by uploading it directly to the contest tab on SCAA’s Facebook Page (follow the prompts).
- Raw video files must be submitted through www.scaaevent.org in order for your contest submission to be approved. Video files must be in either .wmv or .mov file format to be accepted.
- Once your video is approved, you will receive a confirmation email.. Approved videos will be uploaded to the official 60 Attendee Project Project Contest Facebook tab.
Videos must be uploaded to the SCAA Facebook Contest Tab and submitted to SCAA no later than February 15, 2012 at 4pm PST.
Votes will be cast by the public who visit SCAA’s Facebook Page:
- On-line viewers can vote for your video at the SCAA Facebook Page. Below each video is a”Vote” button that voters must click on to select your video. Encourage your audience to view yours!
- Voters can also post your video to their Facebook profiles to encourage attendees and others to vote and view your video.
The video having the most votes will be the winner.
Winner will be notified by email from SCAA on or about March 10, 2012 and will be required to sign a winner affidavit and release.
Contest Entrants Agree
Submission of any entry constitutes your consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to SCAA any and all rights, title and interest in and to the entry video, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights. Without limiting the foregoing, you give SCAA permission to post your video on the SCAA Event website, SCAA’s Facebook page and other social networking sites.
You are responsible for obtaining consents (releases) from any individuals appearing in your video and the owner of any content that is the intellectual property of another party, and you agree to indemnify and hold SCAA harmless from any claim, loss or damage which arises from your failure to obtain such consents. Your company will immediately contact SCAA at email@example.com or 562-624-4100, if it learns of any objection by any person appearing in your video.
You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you (or your company) own all rights to all entry videos submitted by you; and (b) all such videos are original works of authorship on your part (or your company’s part) and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
SCAA will not be responsible for any late, lost, misrouted, distorted or damaged transmissions of entries. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited.
Although this contest is hosted by Facebook, you (a) release Facebook from all liability arising from or related to this contest, (b) acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and (c) acknowledge that you are providing the video and other information to SCAA and not to Facebook.
The Attendee Project and these Official Rules will be governed under the laws of the State of California and the United States. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of SCAA, which are final and binding in all respects. SCAA reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Attendee Project or any entrant’s participation in the Attendee Project should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond SCAA’s control affect the administration, security or proper operation of the Attendee Project, or SCAA otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Attendee Project as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Attendee Project or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to SCAA, the Attendee Project or any other entrant (in each case as determined in SCAA’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Attendee Project.
If you have any questions regarding the Attendee Project Contest, please contact SCAA at firstname.lastname@example.org.