POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
JOB DESCRIPTION | sales associate (part-time)
Reports to: Marketing and New Media Manager, with a strong interrelationship with the Business Development Manager
OVERVIEW & ROLE DESCRIPTION: We are a rapidly growing non-profit organization operating in the highly interesting and energizing world of coffee. While we offer a casual and flexible work environment (i.e., we have a lot of fun), we are very focused on success and require staff oriented toward productivity and accomplishment. This position will help build SCAA publications and online media and introduce new audiences to the Association by developing advertising revenue. This is an ideal position for an entry-level candidate excited by the opportunity to learn and develop a longer-term role.
KEY AREAS of RESPONSIBILITY:
· Develop and manage prospect lists.
· Conduct research on new prospect categories and work with Marketing Manager and Business Development Manager to develop pitches.
· Conduct phone campaigns to develop awareness and interest in SCAA advertising and sponsorship programs.
· Directly develop advertising clients and introduce potential sponsorship clients to the Business Development Manager.
· Manage all fulfillment details for advertisers by working with the SCAA marketing department.
· Support Business Development Manager on sponsorship fulfillment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Candidates with prior digital advertising experience or knowledge will receive priority consideration and all candidates should be able to demonstrate solid aptitude.
· Educational background in business, marketing, or related field (B.S. or B.A. preferred).
· Extremely solid communication skills in English, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Experience with other languages a plus.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with a strong orientation to developing simple documents and spreadsheets to organize work and communicate effectively with other people/departments.
· Proactive and enthusiastic work ethic.
· Ability to work equally well independently or in teams.
· At least two (2) years experience in an office environment is preferred.
This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week
Some travel may be required
Work may be conducted remotely