The SCAA is currently seeking a qualified individual to oversee our Professional Development Department. The position requirements are as follows:
Position Overview: Directs and oversees the development and implementation of professional development initiatives for the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA).
1. Develop goals, strategies, and philosophy for the professional development objectives of the association. Ensure that industry professional development needs are addressed.
2. Provide day to day leadership and direction to staff and volunteers. Communicate effectively with all staff, members and non-members.
3. Oversee management of professional development related budgets and maximizes the revenue potential for all related activities.
4. Assist communication department in the development of promotional plans and materials for professional development efforts.
5. Serve as the liaison with other coffee organizations as directed by the Executive Director.
6. Stay current on coffee issues and trends.
7. Develop appropriate budget proposals annually, supervise planning for budget expenditures and work with Director of Accounting to approve budgeted spending and proposed revenues.
8. Periodically represent the association at conventions, board meetings, educational events, etc as requested, including preparing and giving oral presentations.
9. Serve as a resource for the Professional Development and Events Committees of the SCAA.
10. Promote and assist in carrying out the Association’s mission, vision and strategic plan in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
11. Exhibit flexible and innovative approaches while performing essential responsibilities and assignments and participating in strategic leadership, management and special project teams.
12. Embrace and actively participate in a variety of work teams as requested or assigned.
Qualifications: A Bachelors degree in education, communications or similar field required. Three to five years experience in adult education, industrial training or association related professional development preferred. Coffee experience very strongly preferred.
If you are interested in submitting your qualifications for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls or other non-email inquiries will not be answered.